About One Page Love
One Page Love is the leading showcase of beautiful One Page websites, templates and resources. Did you know the site started back in 2008 (9 years ago!) and now receives 10k daily visitors.
Who? What? When? How?
The One Page Love website was launched in March 2008 by Rob Hope in Cape Town, South Africa.
The website runs on WordPress using a custom WordPress theme.
Suggestions and feedback very welcome – I really want to continuously improve your user experience.
What is a “One Page” website?
A One Page website aims to provide the perfect (could read minimum) amount of information for a user to make a decision and act upon it. This Singe Page website has no additional pages (like about, services, contact) and tries to remove as much “clutter” as possible, focusing the user’s attention to the most important content.
What (exactly) is a One Page website?
Browse the best One Page website examples
Advertising and Sponsored Posts
We have currently paused our advertising options while we fine tune the format. Please join the dedicated advertiser list to be notified as soon as they relaunch. This will not subscribe you to the One Page Love newsletter.
Milestones and Updates
- 17 Jan: Removed all promo ad blocks on review pages.
- 17 Jan: New Template Submission landing page.
- 21 Dec: All future templates listed now have video reviews (example)
- 21 Dec: Added new Multipurpose Templates category
- 12 Dec: One Page Love now on Instagram! 📸
- 08 Dec: Started adding video reviews to the best One Pagers (example)
- 17 Nov: Removed 150+ templates that had broken demos or no longer supported
- 24 Oct: Blogged How One Page Love Monetizes 🍰
- 06 Oct: Changed all references to
Landing Pageon reviews
- 05 Oct: Added new Design Elements blog sub-category to better browse Element round ups
- 05 Oct: In the review meta box, added “Built Using X” if a CMS was used eg. WordPress
- 03 Oct: Changed all references to
One Pageon reviews :)
- 27 Sep: Search now has an Inspiration, Article and Template category filter 🔎
- 21 Sep: Started pruning old templates not updated within 2 years – the archive peaked at 471
- 20 Sep: RSS Feed now includes full review link and direct website link
- 18 Sep: Added more specific credits (eg. Illustrations by) to meta info box top-right on reviews
- 18 Sep: Fixed bad stuck-navigation bug on Tablet and Mobile (since Aug 14)
- 13 Sep: RSS Feed now has Retina-optimized images
- 12 Sep: Big restructuring of architecture enforcing older images are all HTTPS
- 07 Sep: Introduced new Screenshot Concierge service
- 25 Aug: Modified top header navigation to stay fixed on scroll
- 01 Jul: Added new ‘Finance‘ inspiration category
- 29 Jun: Added new ‘One Page Blog‘ inspiration category
- 21 Jun: Added new ‘Services’ main menu navigation
- 16 Jun: Introduced new Feedback For Coffee service
- 18 Feb: Renamed ‘Gallery’ main menu nav item to ‘Inspiration’
- 18 Feb: Renamed ‘Blog’ main menu nav item to ‘Read’
- 17 Feb: Killed SEO Plugin, custom coded all SEO, added social meta tags
- 09 Feb: New big footer with newsletter sign up
- 07 Feb: Started a slow roll out of Demo buttons on Template reviews
- 23 Jan: Launched article/eBook 10 Quick Tips to tighten your Landing Page design
- 13 Dec: Added new Landing Page for our Private Feedback service
- 12 Dec: Added Search on Tablet/Mobile dropdown menu area
- 08 Dec: Added new tag for Brutalist One Page Websites
- 25 Nov: Started adding more video previews of reviews within social media
- 20 Nov: Added new Journal blog sub-category to organize One Page Love related news
- 19 Nov: Moved all “Design Element” posts into the Round Up blog sub-category – removed Design Elements from main header navigation
- 19 Nov: Removed link shortening from all future social media sharing
- 18 Nov: Removed Roadmap and Advertising pages – added content to this About page with Roadmap section
- 17 Nov: Improvement: Search results now include the written review content
- 15 Nov: 2016 Reader Survey live
- 19 Oct: Blogged Examples of Engaging Newsletter Sign Up Boxes
- 19 Oct: Added new tag for Announcement Sign Up Boxes – these encourage users to opt-in to their mailing list via form and be notified when their website launches
- 21 Sep: Blogged Examples of Slick Contact Forms
- 12 Sep: RSS website thumbs are now double size: 800px x 422px
- 12 Sep: Started adding Retina optimized thumbnails on all new posts
- 25 Aug: Introduced Printable Award Certificates
- 16 Aug: Started rolling out occasional Retina optimized big screenshots
- 16 Aug: Blog Examples of Gorgeous Big Typography
- 08 Aug: Added ‘Styles’ to main header navigation
- 06 Aug: Added new One Page Movie Website category
- 06 Aug: Merged iPhone App, iPad App and Application categories into the new One Page App Website category
- 04 Aug: Simplified category structure: Articles, Resources, Interviews, Round-ups are all under the Blog category
- 26 Jun: Blogged Examples of Slick Pricing Tables
- 07 Jun: Launched new Advertising page promoting Sponsored Posts
- 04 Jun: Blogged Examples of Awesome Team Sections
- 04 Jun: Blogged Examples of Big Footers
- 04 Jun: Rolled out new single bar header design with icon pattern background
- 29 May: Rolled out new 4 column layout on bigger screens
- 28 May: Rolled out new website footer
- 10 May: Changed mobile dropdown menu to 2 columns lists
- 04 May: Launched Personal Theme Bundle in collaboration with Currl
- 23 Mar: Integrated the One Page Love website WordPress theme into GitHub. All tweaks and changes now visible to public.
- 18 Nov: Removed website footer.
- 18 Nov: “Similar One Pagers” upped to 12 from 6 under single reviews.
- 02 Nov: Launched our Premium One Page Website Review Service.
- 31 Oct: Added a fresh lick of paint to our Inspiration Newsletters.
- 23 Oct: Added new One Page Unbounce Templates category.
- 23 Oct: Added new One Page Bundle Deals category.
- 23 Oct: Added new One Page Blog Themes category.
- 14 Oct: Removed comment functionality on all reviews and articles.
- 14 Oct: Reduced website template footer columns from 6 to 4.
- 20 Aug: Added new One Page Long-form Journalism category.
- 13 Apr: Added new One Page Hosting Reviews category.
- 13 Apr: Added new One Page Design Resources category.
- 10 Apr: Added new One Page Development Resources category.
- 10 Apr: Big restructuring of the Resources and Blog categories
- 26 Mar: Integration of all social media link sharing into Buffer + custom domain onep.gr
- 12 Mar: Added new One Page Muse Templates category.
- 28 Feb: First new Monthly Digest newsletter sent
- 27 Jan: Introduced new newsletter system with 5 different subscription options – Announcements, Monthly Digest, Weekly Digest, All Posts Weekly, All Posts Daily
- 23 Jan: Blogged Roundup of the Top 20 One Pagers from 2014
- 22 Jan: Started improvements for Font searching by renaming tags
- 19 Jan: Added new One Page Case Study category
- 05 Jan: Integrated SSL throughout OPL
- 05 Jan: Blog: Thank You (2014 Edition)
- 18 Dec: Annual OPL Survey 2014
- 09 Dec: One Page Love featured on Product Hunt
- 29 Oct: Published What (exactly) is a One Page Website? article
- 25 Sep: Added new One Page Music Related Templates category
- 24 July: OPL hits Alexa.com 10k milestone
- 21 June: Big improvement to the META box on all reviews including adding a price on template reviews
- 20 June: Added new One Page PSD Templates category
- 20 June: Added new Free One Page Templates category
- 10 June: Added new Bootstrap Framework One Page Templates category
- 03 June: Added new One Page Tumblr Themes category
- 22 May: Added new Squarespace One Page Templates category
- 21 May: To help improve submission quality and combat spam, submissions now need a log in ie. a free account
- 21 May: Added new Event One Page Templates category
- 20 May: BETA launch of free user accounts including a new “favorites” functionality throughout the site
- 20 May: Rolled out new liquid responsive site design including redesign of header and website review thumbnails
- 23 April: Added new Résumé One Page websites category
- 16 April: Added new Informational One Page websites category
- 14 April: Added new Startup One Page websites category
- 21 February: Hit one million page impressions past 30 days
- 18 January: Roundup of Top 20 One Pagwrs from 2013
- 14 January: OPL v5.1 Redesign Announced
- 09 January: Soft/BETA Launch of OPLv5.0 Redesign
- 09 December: OPL joins Google+
- 04 December: Annual OPL Survey 2013
- 18 January: Roundup of best One Pagers from 2012
- 19 November: Introduced Awards & Ribbons
- 01 August: Launched OPLv3 Redesign
- 30 July: Launched Interviews Category
- 26 February: Launched OPLv2
2009 – 2011
- Not much
- 20 June: OPL joins Twitter
- 31 March: Launched OPLv1