Send your next campaign using Squarespace Email Marketing Tools
As good as this sounds, let’s not overlook the importance of design. The essence of quality marketing is the consistency of your brand’s design aesthetic on all mediums.
Squarespace has you covered as your email campaigns can reuse your website design styles. Furthermore you can directly import blog content, matching the design of your website blog section.
In this tutorial I’m going to show you exactly how easy it is to send your first marketing campaign email using Squarespace Email Marketing Tools.
One Page Love Exclusive Coupon
Yay! Squarespace has been kind enough to give One Page Love readers the exclusive coupon OPL10 for 10% Off your first website or domain purchase. (There is a free 14-day trial with no credit card needed, so you can try risk free.)
Please note: this article is based on the Squarespace 7.0 platform.
The new Squarespace 7.1 platform features an improved user interface, so the screenshots might differ but the majority of the content is still relevant. Squarespace 7.1 offers a much more flexible way to build websites, regardless of which template you start with. Squarespace 7.1 templates also support all features and style options including an unlimited number of page sections.
Step One – Open up the new Email Campaigns section: In the Main Navigation, head to Marketing, then Email Campaigns
Step Two – Choose an Email design: Choose a layout by clicking Create in the left panel. Note all layouts are customizable and have the same features. You can also choose Start Blank to build a layout from scratch.
Step Three – Add and style your content: When you hover over the email preview the blue boxes will indicate the different sections in your email. When you select a section, it’s style options appear to the right where you can edit accordingly:
Click the blue plus icon to add new sections ranging from text, images, buttons, blog posts, or products:
To move a section up or down, click and hold the section until it pops out. Then simply drag it within the preview. If you are stuck with any particular section type, refer to this comprehensive tutorial on Email sections.
Step Four – Send a Test Email: Once you are happy with your design and content, it’s time to send a test email to ensure it looks perfect before sending to the list. Head to the Email tab in the top-right corner:
Complete the information section in the panel:
Finally click the Send Test button bottom-right to send a test email to yourself:
Step Five – Send your Email Campaign: In the same Email tab, click Send to Mailing Lists button bottom-right to officially send the campaign. What a breeze!
FAQ: What other features do Squarespace Email Marketing Tools have?
- Import content from your website or blog straight into emails
- Responsive layouts so emails look great on desktop or mobile
- Compose and edit emails from your mobile if needed
- Import email addresses using CSV files
- Comprehensive click tracking and reporting
FAQ: What are the benefits of using Squarespace?
Squarespace is a leading online website builder. What sets them apart from the rest is their superior level of design and customer support. They have a huge support team and are available 24/7. Other main benefits are:
- No Website Hosting Needed - their platform is fast and secure
- Online Content Management - all edits are done within your browser, no software needed
- Easily Drag and Drop Images - unlimited galleries with unlimited bandwidth
- Free Domain Name - when registering for your first website, if you pay annually (renews at standard rate)
- Beautifully Responsive - all templates work for all devices, so you only have to design your website once. Test and preview how your website will appear on a range of screen sizes.
- Blog Sections - can easily be added to start sharing your journey
- Commerce Solutions - are an upgrade away if you want to start selling products
- Email Marketing - gather email addresses, send marketing emails and analyze the reader email activity
That’s a wrap! Don’t forget your 10% Off coupon: OPL10
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to send your next campaign using Squarespace Email Marketing Tools. Props to Squarespace for creating a platform where we can create beautiful announcement websites, easily. If you missed it I wrote a tutorial last month on how to gather email addresses within their website.