5 New One Page Templates From Squarespace
This was our most popular article last year by far so I’m happy to report since then Squarespace has released even more templates, 5 being beautiful One Pagers.
This article breaks down what industry they are best suited for and what is noteworthy about each of them within their website builder.
One Page Love Exclusive Coupon
Yay! Squarespace has been kind enough to give One Page Love readers the exclusive coupon OPL10 for 10% Off* your first website or domain purchase. (There is a free 14-day trial with no credit card needed, so you can try risk free.)
Please note: this article is based on the Squarespace 7.0 platform.
The new Squarespace 7.1 platform features an improved user interface, so the screenshots might differ but the majority of the content is still relevant. Squarespace 7.1 offers a much more flexible way to build websites, regardless of which template you start with. Squarespace 7.1 templates also support all features and style options including an unlimited number of page sections.
- Vow – Wedding, Timeline, Storytelling
- Sofia – Personal, CV, Resume
- Blend – Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Location Landing Page
- Kin – Year In Review ,Timeline, Storytelling, Announcement
- Royce – Event, RSVP, Minimal
Vow (Wedding, Timeline, Storytelling)
Vow in a long-scrolling Squarespace template with a fixed-right line navigation indicating how far down the page you’ve progressed. Vow is primarily targeted at weddings, however, the template provides a canvas to tell any story, spread over several years.
Highlights include beautiful big imagery, clear typography, tons of whitespace and ends strong with a date and location footer.
Sofia (Personal, CV, Resume)
Sofia is a clean resume-style Squarespace template with a generous amount of whitespace. The template starts with a friendly greeting followed by a stunning big image of yourself.
Highlights include sections for services, work experience, testimonials, contact form and ends with an embedded Instagram feed to add a bit of personality.
You could add a call-to-action button to smooth scroll to a section like Testimonials. Watch how I did this in my tutorial on adding Smooth Scroll to any Squarespace template.
Blend (Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Location Landing Page)
Blend is a Squarespace template suited for a hip coffee shop or restaurant. If you think out-the-box a bit this contemporary design could actually be used for any location-based Landing Page. Think pop-up stores, live events or even tech meet-ups.
Highlights include big image intro slideshow, location details, opening hours, company ethos, parallax scrolling elements, newsletter sign up box, menu, Google Map location, additional pop-up gallery and ends with a pop-up enquiry form.
Kin (Year In Review, Timeline, Storytelling)
Kin is a long-scrolling Squarespace template with a chronological timeline, perfect to share the excellent year you had. Another use could be announcing huge business news and showing a timeline with further context of what it took to get to this exciting milestone.
Highlights include clean typography with good whitespace and gorgeous, big parallax scrolling imagery.
Royce (Event, RSVP, Minimal, Announcement)
Royce is a slick Squarespace template for announcing an event and gathering RSVPs.
Highlights include a big intro image with a lovely subtle parallax scrolling effect as you scroll, event details, food/drink menu highlights and of course the RSVP form the invitee can’t miss.
Bonus Template: Pursuit (Personal, Resume, CV)
Pursuit is a CV-style Squarespace template to help deliver a sterling first impression to your potential employer.
Highlights include emphasis on work experience, skills graphs, interests, education and a pop-up contact form. Nice touch with the subtle load-up animation on the infographic charts, adding to their first impression.
Suggested Customizations: With some very minor tweaks, Pursuit could be left online to act as an ongoing portfolio.
FAQ: What are the benefits of using Squarespace?
Squarespace is a leading online website builder. What sets them apart is their superior level of design and customer support. They have an award-winning support team available 24/7.
Other main benefits are:
- No Website Hosting Needed - their platform is fast and secure.
- Online Content Management - all edits are done within your browser, no software needed.
- Easily Drag and Drop Images - unlimited galleries with unlimited bandwidth.
- Free Domain Name - when registering for your first website, if you pay annually (renews at standard rate).
- Beautifully Responsive - all templates work for all devices, so you only have to design your website once. Test and preview how your website will appear on a range of screen sizes.
- Blog Sections - can easily be added for content marketing and to share your journey.
- Commerce Solutions - are an upgrade away if you want to start selling products.
- Email Marketing - gather email addresses, send marketing emails and analyze the reader email activity.
- Member Areas - create private website sections only accessible to signed-up or paying members.
- Scheduling - add an online scheduler to your site to diversify your revenue with professional services or classes.
That’s a wrap! Don’t forget your 10% Off coupon*: OPL10
That’s a wrap! Don’t forget your 10% Off coupon: OPL10
I hope you found value in the 2018 template round-up, props to Squarespace for creating a platform where we can create beautiful Singe Page websites, easily. If you missed it I wrote a tutorial last month on How to Smooth Scroll to Landing Page sections with Squarespace.
* The OPL10 coupon offer only applies to first payment of subscription on Squarespace, does not apply to future recurring payments or monthly plans, and may not be combined with any other offer codes or discounts.