How to create a long-scrolling Landing Page using Squarespace 7.0 [video]
In this video tutorial I cover exactly how to create a long-scrolling Landing Page, for any business, using Squarespace.
I go through adding page sections, content creation and fine tuning styles.
At the bottom of this article is the final screenshot for reference.
Hope you find value in the video!
One Page Love Exclusive Coupon
Yay! Squarespace has been kind enough to give One Page Love readers the exclusive coupon OPL10 for 10% Off your first website or domain purchase. (There is a free 14-day trial with no credit card needed, so you can try risk free.)
Please note: this article is based on the Squarespace 7.0 platform.
The new Squarespace 7.1 platform features an improved user interface, so the screenshots might differ but the majority of the content is still relevant. Squarespace 7.1 offers a much more flexible way to build websites, regardless of which template you start with. Squarespace 7.1 templates also support all features and style options including an unlimited number of page sections.
If you are using Squarespace 7.1 please find the new version of the Squarespace 7.1 long-scrolling Landing Page tutorial here.
- 00:21 – Exclusive Coupon: OPL10 for 10% off
- 00:33 – Starting with the Pacific template
- 01:07 – Section: Intro header with centered logo
- 04:29 – Section: About
- 05:49 – Removing header navigation items
- 06:16 – Section: Image Gallery
- 07:57 – Section: Team
- 09:25 – Section: Testimonials (blank section example)
- 11:59 – Section: Contact & Map
- 13:26 – Adding Social Network icons by connecting accounts
- 14:11 – Quick content review & tweaks
- 15:05 – Design tweaks
- 18:01 – Bonus: Creating the logo using Squarespace logo builder
FAQ: What are the benefits of using Squarespace?
Squarespace is a leading online website builder. What sets them apart from the rest is their superior level of design and customer support. They have a huge support team and are available 24/7. Other main benefits are:
- No Website Hosting Needed - their platform is fast and secure
- Online Content Management - all edits are done within your browser, no software needed
- Easily Drag and Drop Images - unlimited galleries with unlimited bandwidth
- Free Domain Name - when registering for your first website, if you pay annually (renews at standard rate)
- Beautifully Responsive - all templates work for all devices, so you only have to design your website once. Test and preview how your website will appear on a range of screen sizes.
- Blog Sections - can easily be added to start sharing your journey
- Commerce Solutions - are an upgrade away if you want to start selling products
- Email Marketing - gather email addresses, send marketing emails and analyze the reader email activity