Top 10 Squarespace Portfolio Templates to showcase your talent in 2020
With the new decade comes new motivation to step up and apply for that dream job.
A smart tactic is to back up your job application with a striking online portfolio.
Lucky for us, starting at only $12/month, Squarespace has dozens of beautifully pre-designed portfolio templates to start building yourself. No brief, no quoting, no meetings with freelancers. Just simple drag-n-drop editing of your projects.
In this round-up I’ve curated 10 Squarespace Portfolio Templates perfect to create an online presence and strengthen your next job application.
One Page Love Exclusive Coupon
Yay! Squarespace has been kind enough to give One Page Love readers the exclusive coupon OPL10 for 10% Off your first website or domain purchase. (There is a free 14-day trial with no credit card needed, so you can try risk free.)
- Tepito – personal intro, case-studies
- Pazari – category-focused
- Otto – CV-style, minimal
- Novo – even grid, case-studies
- Suhama – CV-style, minimal
- Nevins – 3 column grid, big image projects
- Utica – modern, big intro image
- Elliott – horizontal scroll images
- Matsuya – Pinterest-style grid, pop-up gallery
- Nolan – dark-schemed, case-studies
1. Tepito (personal intro, case-studies)
Tepito is a portfolio template with fancy loading case-studies.
The home page features a strong introduction image, alongside bio, recent projects and current location. While project pages feature a big hero background image followed by scattered images that transition in as you scroll.
2. Pazari (category-focused, long-scrolling)
Pazari is a portfolio template dividing your work into categories.
Features include a home category breakdown, each linking to gorgeous long-scrolling image galleries.
3. Otto (CV-style, minimal)
Otto is a One Page portfolio template with a CV-style layout.
Features include introduction image, biography, minimal project image slider and any additional information needed.
4. Novo (even grid, case-studies)
Novo is a portfolio template focusing on big image case-studies.
Novo features an even home page project grid while the project pages feature lovely big images with lazy-load functionality (allowing a graceful browsing experience of projects with 10+ images).
5. Suhama (CV-style, minimal)
Suhama is a One Page portfolio template with a CV-style layout.
Features include a minimal text-only layout with a confident list of client names in big typography following by contact details.
6. Nevins (3 column grid, big image projects)
Nevins is portfolio template with a clean presentation of projects.
The home page features a 3 column project grid, each linking to a minimal project page with intro text followed by a long-scrolling full width image gallery.
7. Utica (modern, big intro image)
Utica is a portfolio template with a modern feel.
The home page features a big introduction image followed by recent projects. Project pages feature good whitespace with project title top-left, overview to the right and big image gallery below.
8. Elliott (horizontal scroll images)
Elliott is a portfolio template with a horizontal image slider.
Features include a unique horizontal slider of big images. You’ll notice this design accommodates portrait-orientation images really well within the slider. At the top of the page is a numbered navigation to browse other project galleries.
9. Matsuya (Pinterest-style, pop-up gallery)
Matsuya is a One Page portfolio template with a pop-up image gallery.
Features include a Pinterest-style grid of images, each launching a pop-up gallery image slideshow browsable via side arrows or keyboard controls.
10. Nolan (dark-schemed, case-studies)
Nolan is a dark-schemed portfolio template with a full width case-studies.
The home page features a big intro image of you or your team followed by client logos and a featured project. Project pages begin with the overview text followed by a gorgeous full width image gallery.
FAQ: What are the benefits of using Squarespace?
Squarespace is a leading online website builder. What sets them apart from the rest is their superior level of design and customer support. They have a huge support team and are available 24/7. Other main benefits are:
- No Website Hosting Needed - their platform is fast and secure
- Online Content Management - all edits are done within your browser, no software needed
- Easily Drag and Drop Images - unlimited galleries with unlimited bandwidth
- Free Domain Name - when registering for your first website, if you pay annually (renews at standard rate)
- Beautifully Responsive - all templates work for all devices, so you only have to design your website once. Test and preview how your website will appear on a range of screen sizes.
- Blog Sections - can easily be added to start sharing your journey
- Commerce Solutions - are an upgrade away if you want to start selling products
- Email Marketing - gather email addresses, send marketing emails and analyze the reader email activity
That’s a wrap! Don’t forget your 10% Off coupon: OPL10
I hope you enjoyed this round-up of templates to launch your new portfolio. Props to Squarespace for creating a platform where we can create beautiful websites, easily. If you missed it I wrote a tutorial last month on How to create your first Squarespace website in under 5 minutes.